Monday 7 January 2013

Peru - Man vs Food 3 (cuy)

I'd read about it, locals had suggested it, it had been on various menus and now it was time to try it... Cuy.

Cuy is guinnea pig! I ordered it and waited in anticipation for this culinary delight. It's prepared roasted in an oven or over open flame. I'd been told to check the cuy is served with it's head on as to to ensure it's not a rat. Check. The whole cuy was delivered, head, legs, nails and teeth.. It's insides are cleared out and and has a crispy skin.

I fought it down for a good 45 minutes and ate it best described in Afrikaans "met lang tande". Chewy and a whole lot of hassle. I got through about half of the cuy before conceding partial defeat.

Man tied with food this time.

Total score: Man 2.5 Food 0.5




No comments:

Post a Comment